Interested in joining our team? We have an opening!
Remote Support Engineer – Grow with Groff NetWorks
Groff NetWorks, LLC was founded to help businesses and organizations in the Tech Valley / Capital Region get the most out of their business technology. We are passionate about helping our clients and working together as a team to solve problems smartly.
Above all, we value our partnerships with our clients. We are not a 1-800 number, we specialize in making IT personable as well as professional. If you’re interested in making a difference every day with fun, friendly co-workers, come join the Groff team in our new office space.
Our Remote Support Engineers are responsible for the rapid resolution of technical issues that arise for our clients. Technical expertise and customer service are paramount to the success of our clients. The Remote Support Engineer is responsible for providing effective frontline user support and desktop assistance for our clients, as well as technological support and troubleshooting in a remote environment.
Key responsibilities of this position include but are not limited to responding to a variety of support requests remotely; performing technical troubleshooting for workstations, servers, and networking issues. Doing new workstation builds / rebuilds; installing operating systems; software / hardware installs; patching systems and protecting against viruses / malware; and troubleshooting peripheral and mobile devices.
What We Require
3+ years’ experience supporting
- Microsoft desktop and server environments, including Exchange, Microsoft Office and Microsoft Server.
- Small business LANs, including basic routing, switching and wireless support and troubleshooting.
- Various software and technologies deployed by a small business: on the desktop: Microsoft Office, Adobe projects, AutoCad, Quickbooks.
- VPN access set ups and troubleshooting.
- Microsoft Small Business server and Exchange Server experience helpful.
- Experience with Office365 also desirable.
- Associate’s Degree / Certifications in a related field or equivalent work experience also desirable.
Other Key Performance Indicators:
- Excellent customer service skills to work with clients over the phone and in emails, rapidly responding to clients requests, and solving problems smartly.
- The ability to multi-task and maintain multiple priorities.
- Proven ability to perform well when confronted with emergency, critical or unusual customer situations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the use of technology.
- Ability to adapt to new situations quickly.
- Ability to set and manage expectations well.
- Ability to quickly learn new software infrastructure requirements and basic functionality on small business platforms.
- Knowledge of desktop security and standards (security / networking).
- Working knowledge of local area networks and network administration.
- Strong technical and analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with a wide range of users with varying levels of computer familiarity.
- Ability to translate technical instructions into easily understood steps to a diverse client base.
- Ability to work in a wide variety of client settings, and must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively..
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Like what you hear? Then we want to hear from you! Please send your résumé and salary history/ requirements to Resumes@groffnetworks.com